Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fishing after storms.

Recently I wrote that I picked up some light crabs after heavy rains; well last week it rained really bad here, yet Thursday I picked up heavy crabs at Fort Point. Go figure! The fishing itself was lousy, because I turned up at low tide, and for the 4 hours I was around, the tide wasnt moving any which way.

The Lazy SeaLion was being as irritating as usual. I really need to construct a heavier kind of trap. I'm thinking some sort of steel cage, covered in finer mesh, which I can bolt directly to the inner ring of the trap. I saw something like a decent base for that in goodwill - regretting now that I didnt pick it up.

A second thought I have is to put a finer mesh also on the trap - see if I can pick up any shrimp.

Apparently there was a sewage spill over at Sausalito - maybe all the crabs were over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment